Piles are a reddened and swollen collection of tissue in the anal area. They may be internal or external piles with a range of sizes. They are also termed Hemorrhoids. Generally, 8 out of 10 adults can have piles or hemorrhoids from time to time. It is a very common disease and almost 80% of Indians can have piles in their lifespan.
But the question is what measures they must take and how one can prevent ourselves from piles? This article will provide you some prevention steps that one should take to prevent themselves from piles or Hemorrhoids.
The main cause of piles or hemorrhoids is pressure under the lower part of the rectum, due to that rectum and anus stretches and can establish swelling or building.
- Having anal intercourse
- During pregnancy
- Heavy lifting in the gym
- Eating junk and low fiber food
- Due to obesity
- Because of bowel movement
- Taking excessive stress which can disturb your digestive system
- EATING HIGH-FIBER FOOD– adding high-fiber food to your diet can help improve your digestion and avoid constipation. It will soften the stool and helps avoid straining which can cause hemorrhoids. You must consume food like beans, lentils, dried fruits, fruits, avocados, etc you must consume in your diet which is high in fiber.
- IGNORE STRAINING– holding breath or straining can create pressure in the veins in the lower rectum thus you must avoid it.
- INCREASING CONSUMPTION OF FLUIDS– to keep your stool soft, increase your fluid consumption(avoid alcohol, soft drinks, diet coke). Drink a minimum of 3 to 4 liters of water.
- EXERCISE- keep yourself active. Exercise daily to prevent gas or constipation and reduce pressure in your veins caused due to a long time of sitting. Keep a proper diet chart for pre and post-workout.
- YOGA– Yoga is the key to keep yourself awake and reduce your stress which can disturb your digestive system. Regular yoga for almost an hour or if you cannot make time then at least 15 to 20 minutes a day can help you to get relaxed and feel fresh for the whole day.
- EVADE LONG TIME SITTING- sitting for a longer period of time and particularly in the toilet can increase the pressure in the veins thus avoid that. Hemorrhoids are also caused due to bowel movements thus avoid that too.
By following the above methods you can prevent piles. But if you have any kind of itching around your anus, find blood after pooping, feel to poo after pooping then you must visit the doctor and get yourself treated.
Piles or hemorrhoids are not a serious disease but if you ignore the symptoms and prolong them for a long period of time then the infection may increase and be painful.
If you are suffering from piles or hemorrhoids and finding a piles doctor in Ahmedabad for treatment then feel free to contact Doctor Niket Shah who is an experienced doctor in Ahmedabad especially for piles treatment.